Starr Faithfull in New York

Although Starr Faithfull lived for only 25 years, she inspired several authors to write about her. Born January 26, 1906 in Evanston, IL, Starr died in June 1931 after a Long Island boat party.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Starr Faithfull: Unknown

ELLEN HART Interviewed SANDRA SCOPPETTONE:
Ellen: Of all your books, do you have a favorite? Which one and why?

Sandra: Some Unknown Person. That was published in 1977. It's also based on a true case. The victim was named Starr Faithfull. I did a lot of research because the book takes place between 1901 and 1930. This case was never solved and I solve it fictionally. Half the book is based on my father's family, the other half is the Faithfull story. I've never written an autobiographical novel and this was a way to write about my parents and their families without writing about me, although I make a cameo appearance. I'd written some of my Young Adult novels already but this was my first for adults. . . .
- excerpt from http://www.ellenhart.com/ -
~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~
http://StarrFaithfull.blogspot.com/atom.xml

~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~